mar. 11 août|
Young People Are Leading the Way!
HIV2020/012/0811 Presented by Y+ Global
Time & Location
11 août 2020, 06:00 – 08:00 UTC−7
About the Event
The full recording of the Session is available:
- On the HIV2020 Online YouTube Channel - the YouTube playlist of the session is available in English, French, Portuguese, Russianand Spanish.
- On the HIV2020 Online SoundcloudChannel - the SoundCloud playlist of the session is available in English, French, Portuguese, Russianand Spanish
Young people have been at the forefront of leading the HIV response at various levels. There are several innovative best practises which have been implemented and shown to have great impact which ranges from advocacy, improved service delivery and the quality of life of YPLHIV. Beyond the usual way of implementation, there are many interventions led by young people in response to COVID-19 specifically targeting YPLHIV. The session will look at youth-led best practices from national, regional and global networks or organizations across the world.
Session Programme and Information:
- Welcome and introduction to the session by Daren Paul Katigbak, Chair, Y+ Global
- Mentimeter on Meaningful Youth Engagement by Annah Sango, National Coordinator, Zimbabwe Young Positives
This was followed by presentations on themes of advocacy, service delivery and/or strengthening leadership from the following speakers:
- Francisco Fariña, Volunteer, Fundación Chile Positivo [presentation available here]
- Martha Clara Nakato, Advocacy officer, Uganda Network of Young People Living with HIV (UNYPA) [presentation available here]
- Fabien Ndikuriyo, Board Chair, Reseau National Des Jeunes VivantAvec Le VIH (RNJ+) [presentation available here]
- Ikka Noviyanti, Advocacy and Capacity Development Officer, Youth LEAD and Vanessa Monley, Program Officer, Youth LEAD [presentation available here]
- Miguel Subero, Coordinator, Regional Network of Youth with HIV in Latin America and the Caribbean [presentation available here]
- Leo Christian Lauzon, President, Kabataan San Sidlangan, Inc [presentation available here]
- Ailish Brennan, Executive Director, Youth Rise [presentation available here]
- Closing remarks by Daren Paul Katigbak, Chair, Y+ Global
To engage and discuss with others, please join us at our Facebook Event Page here!