The Dollars and Sense of Effective Grantmaking
Time & Location
About the Event
The full recording of the Session is available:
- On the HIV2020 Online YouTube Channel - the YouTube playlist of the session is available in English, French, Portuguese, Russian
- On the HIV2020 Online Soundcloud Channel - the SoundCloud playlist of the session is available in English, French, Portuguese, Russian
This session will create a dialogue between funders and key population-led community organisations. It will aim to demystify funder practices for grantseekers, while also providing feedback to funders on how to reduce or removebarriers for supporting community-led work.
Moderator, Discussants & Panelists:
- Jacob Arman, Program and Communications Coordinator, The Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation (ETAF)
- John Barnes, CEO, Funders Concerned about AIDS
- Stella Wairimu Bosire, Co-Executive Director, UHAI: East African Sexual Health & RIghts Initiative
- Judy Chang, Presenter, Executive Director, International Network of People who Use Drugs (INPUD)
- Kate Harrison, Head of Programme Funding, Avert
- Shaun Mellors, Positive Action Programmes and Technical, ViiV Healthcare Positive Action
- Gavin Reid, Lead, Community Engagement, Community, Rights and Gender Department, The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
- Vera Rodriguez, Programme Associate, Red Umbrella Fund
- Mohan D. Sundararaj, Director of Public Health Programs, MPact Global Action for Gay Men's Health and Rights
Session Programme and Information:
This session is moderated by Kate Harrison.
- Welcoming remarks by Kate Harrison
- Framing the Context: John Barnes and Shaun Mellors
- UHAI Video: Click here to view
- Moderated Discussion by John Barnes with Panelists Mohan Sundararaj & Judy Chang
- John Kimani Video: Click here to view
- Moderated Discussion by Jacob Arman with Panelists Gavin Reid & Stella Wairimu Bosire
- Karina Bravo Video: Click here to view
- Moderated Discussion by Shaun Mellors with Panelists Vera Rodriguez, Judy Chang and Mohan Sundararaj
- Samuel's Video: Click here to view
- Moderated Q&A by Kate Harrison
- Closing by Kate Harrison
- Highlights from HIV2020: A Recap of the "Dollarrs and Sense of Effective Grantmaking" Session. Article by FCAA.
To engage and discuss with others, please join us at our Facebook Event Page here!
For more information please contact Sarah Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org.