jeu. 20 août|
Strengthening the safety and security of gay and bisexual men and their program implementers in Latin America and global
HIV2020/015/0820 Presented by Sero Project, FHI 360, SOMOSGay, MPact, Aids Healthcare Foundation
Time & Location
20 août 2020, 07:00 – 09:00 UTC−7
About the Event
The full recording of the Session is available:
- On the HIV2020 Online YouTube Channel - the YouTube playlist of the session is available in English, French, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
- On the HIV2020 Online Soundcloud Channel - the SoundCloud playlist of the session is available in English, French, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish
The session is co-organised by Sero Project, FHI 360, SOMOSGay, MPact Global Action for gay Men’s Health and Rights and Aids Healthcare Foundation (AHF).
This session will review key safety and security concerns experienced by gay and bisexual men and their program implementers and will provide an overview of approaches to assess and address safety and security threats to services. It will throw a spotlight on aspects of safety and security related to the criminalization of gay and bisexual men and HIV status in Latin America, the Venezuelan migration crisis and the political participation of young gay and bisexual men.
Session Program and Information:
- Welcome and introduction of speakers by Omar Banos, Senior Technical Advisor, MPact
- Criminalization of gay and bisexual men and HIV status in Latin America by Gonzalo Aburto, Director of Latin America Initiative, Sero Project
- Safe program implementation for HIV service delivery by Robyn Tayton, Technical Advisor, FHI 360 [presentation available here]
- Political participation of young gay and bisexual men by Sergio Lopez, Program Officer, Somosgay
- Venezuelan and Central Aemrican migration crisis by Dr Jorge Saavedra, Executive Director of Global Public Health Institute, AHF
- Q & A facilitated by Omar Banos
- Closing by Omar Banos
To engage and discuss with others, please join us at our Facebook Event Page here!