mar. 21 juil.|
Presentation of SWIT as a successful strategy to advocate for the human rights of people who perform sex work in HIV/STI
HIV2020/007/0721 SWIT para hacer abogacia en los derechos humanos de las personas que ejercen trabajo sexual en VIH/ITS Presented by Plataforma Latinamericana de Personas que Ejercen el Trabajo Sexual (PLAPERTS) (Session held in Spanish)
Time & Location
21 juil. 2020, 10:00 – 12:00 UTC−7
About the Event
The full recording of the Session is available:
- On the HIV2020 Online YouTube Channel - the YouTube playlist of the session is available in English, French, Portuguese, Russian
- On the HIV2020 Online Soundcloud Channel - the SoundCloud playlist of the session is available in English, French, Portuguese, Russian
El objectivo de la presentacion es dar a conocer la herramienta del SWIT y los resultados que se pueden obtener si se implementa con los servidores públicos y las personas que ejercen el trabajo sexual.Se objetiva tambien sensibilizar a los participantes en la importancia detrabajar en conjunto con las poblaciones vulnerables para lograr cambios favorables en el entorno al trabajo sexual, VIH y litigio estratégico.
The objective of the session is to promote SWIT as a tool and the results that can be obtained when SWIT is used and implemented by public servants and sex workers. The session also aims to sensitize participants to the importance of working together with vulnerable populations to achieve favourable changes in the environment for sex work, HIV policies and strategic litigation.
Session Programme and Information:
This session was held in Spanish, all relevant presentations and materials are available in the language it was presented in.
- Welcoming remarks by David Goover, Member of PLAPERTS & NSWP and Cynthia Navarrete, Technical and Administrative Director of APROASE, A.C.
- About PLAPERTS - Mission, Vision & Objectives by Karina Bravo, PLAPERTS. [Download presentation here]
- Presentation of the SWIT Tool by Karina Bravo and Cynthia Navarrete [Download presentation here]
- Presentation of Results of sex work strategies against covid-19 and the state response by David Goover [Download presentation here]
- Presentation on Community empowerment, programme management and strengthening organisation capacity by Karina Bravo [Download presentation here]
- Discussion on implementing SWIT during COVID-19 by Gabriella Marino [Presentation was not shown, but available for download here]
- Video on experiences of SWIT shared in countries where the activities were carried out [Download video here]
- Moderated Q&A with speakers
- Closing by Cynthia Navarrete
- Implementing Comprehensive HIV/STI Programmes with Sex Workers: Practical Approaches from Collaobrative Interventions. Also known as the Sex Worker Implementation Tool (SWIT) - Download full document in English, French, Russian, Spanish, and Turkish
- Implementing Comprehensive HIV/STI Programmes with Sex Workers: Practical Approaches from Collaobrative Interventions. Also known as the Sex Worker Implementation Tool (SWIT) - Download full policy brief in English
To engage and discuss with others, please join us at our Facebook Event Page here!
For more information please contact Karina Bravo at email@example.com.