HIV2020 Opening Plenary
Time & Location
About the Event
The full recording of the Session is available:
- On the HIV2020 Online YouTube Channel in English, French, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish
- On our HIV2020 Facebook Page as a livestreamed video in English
- On the HIV2020 Online Soundcloud Channel in English, French, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish
We kick off HIV2020 Online with opening remarks from leaders from UNAIDS, The Global Fund, CENSIDA, and The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the Netherlands! The organizers of HIV2020 will welcome a panel of community advocates from around the world who will join us for a discussion and Q&A to lead us into our upcoming sessions.
Session Programme and Information
Speaker bios available here.
1. Welcome and Opening Remarks from HIV2020 Organisers by:
- Ruth Morgan Thomas | Global Coordinator, Global Network of Sex Work Projects (NSWP)
- George Ayala | Executive Director, MPact Global Action for Gay Men's Health and Rights
- Judy Chang | Executive Director, International Network of People Who Use Drugs (INPUD)
- Rico Gustav | Executive Director, Global Network of People Living with HIV (GNP+)
2. Opening Remarks featuring:
- Winnie Byanyima | Executive Director, UNAIDS. Click here for the full transcript of the speech.
- Dr Alethse De la Torre Roasa | General Director, CENSIDEA, Mexico. Click here for the full transcript of the speech.
- Peter Sands | Executive Director, The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. Click here for the full transcript of the speech.
- Honourable Minister Sigrid Kaag | Minister of the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation of The Netherlands. Click here for the full transcript of the speech.
3. Community Panel moderated by Rico Gustav featuring:
- Phelister Abdalla | National Coordinator, Kenya Sex Workers Alliance (KESWA)
- Jeffry Acaba | Programme Officer, APCASO
- Mahri Bahati | Director of Programs, IRGT
- Olą Belyaeva | Program Coordinator, Eurasian Network of People who Use Drugs (ENPUD)
- Sergio Lopez | Program Officer, SOMOSGAY
4. Moderated Q&A session with participants
5. Closing Remarks and Acknowledgements by George Ayala | Executive Director, MPact Global Action for Gay Men's Health and Rights. Please click here for the full presentation.
To engage and discuss with others, please join us at our Facebook Event Page here!