mar. 01 sept.|
Community Advocacy: How we Innovate and Mobilise
HIV2020/018/0901 Presented by PITCH
Time & Location
01 sept. 2020, 04:30 – 06:30 UTC−7
About the Event
The full recording of the Session is available:
- On the HIV2020 Online YouTube Channel- the YouTube playlist of the session is available in English, French, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
- On the HIV2020 Online Soundcloud Channel - the SoundCloud playlist of the session is available in English, French, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish
This session co-organised by The Partnership to Inspire, Transform and Connect the HIV Response (PITCH) aims to provide an interactive and engaging platform for participants to learn about how key population communities can advocate to successfully challenge legal and social barriers standing in the way of a cohesive HIV response. It provides an opportunity to explore how to use innovative advocacy and mobilisation to challenge criminalisation, shrinking space for civil society, and push for increased funding that supports key population programmes.
Session Program and Information:
Presentation for session available here.
- Welcome and opening by Lilian Mworeko, Executive Director, International Community of WOmen living with HIV Eastern Africa (ICWEA)
- Introduction to the current global HIV and AIDS context and the developments in funding for key populations, shrinking space for civil society, and criminalisation by Lillian Mworeko
- TedX style short talks on criminalisation, shrinking space for civil society and funding by Dr Khuất Thị Hải Oanh, Executive Director at Centre for Supporting Community Development Initiatives (SCDI), Vietnam; Richard Lusimbo, Research and Documentation Manager at Sexual Minorities Uganda (SMUG); and Emmanuella Lovelyn Nwabrije, Chief Executive Officer, Nigeria Sex Workers Association, Nigeria
- Intervention by featured thought leader Joel Bedos, International Coordinator, Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia
- Q & A
- Closing by Lilian Mworeko
To engage and discuss with others, please join us at our Facebook Event Page here!